Monday, November 15, 2021

Gregor's Room





Dimensions of Biggest Object: 7 X 10.5


Artist Statement:

For this assignment, I have never read The Metamorphosis before so it was very interesting to figure out and think deeply on what was happening visually in the story. First starters, I thought the colors in Gregor's room were very dark and warm specifically, dark wood, black, and orange. I wanted to make his bed look like logs of wood almost like how a log cabin is built, stacked upon each other. I wanted to make the blanket and the pillows lighter colors to create this contrast of dark and light in which I saw in the story. There was light and dark moments in the story. I also wanted to make his furniture look dirty and unpleasant to view since he turned into this bug in the story. I added a lamp to his dresser to create some type of height in this piece since the furniture was at ground level. For Gregor, I saw him as some type of bug or other creature. I painted him using black, brown, and orange ink with bright orange wings to contrast. Overall, this story was very interesting to me and I was able to visualize Gregor and his room successfully while reading.

Process Photos






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner and a Movie (Final Photo)

Title: Precious Journey Movie Inspiration: Father of the Bride (1991) Artist Statement: The concept of this installation or piece shows a co...